Dear Community Member,
As part of the college and career readiness standards, Cedar Crest High School will hold our first annual Career Day on Friday, September 27, 2019, for our students to learn about different jobs and occupations. We are very excited to invite you to spend the morning with our students and talk with them about your chosen career. Many of our students are unaware of the career opportunities available to them and this is a fantastic way to provide them with first-hand knowledge of potential career paths. Each speaker will host three presentations that will last approximately 35 minutes, to share information about his/her occupation followed by a question and answer period. Details about the day’s events include:
- Career Day is Friday, September 27, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Please park in the front of the building or in lot C and enter through Door A.
- Presenters should arrive between 8:15 a.m. and 8:35 a.m. Upon arrival, presenters will report to the library where they will sign in and then go to their assigned location. If you have a lot of equipment and need additional time to set up in the classroom, you might want to arrive between 8:00 and 8:15.
- Career Day will consist of three 35 minute sessions with a short break in between. The break is just long enough for the students to rotate to their next session.
- There are over 1500 students at our school. Students are signing up for the sessions in which they are interested. Presenters will have between 20 and 25 students at a time. A teacher will always be in the room with you.
- During your presentation, we would like you to highlight the importance of dependability, responsibility, having a positive attitude, and good performance. Many employers tell us they can teach a skill, but they are unable to change long, established habits and mindsets of these new employees. Good habits begin in high school. As a possible employer of these students, we need you to stress the significance of applying themselves. Grades do reflect effort, in many cases.
If for some reason you are unable to attend, please notify me as soon as possible. Also, please let me know at least two weeks ahead of time if you need any equipment for your presentation. We want this morning to be enjoyable, so let me know of anything I can do to assist you.
Thank you for your interest in influencing and molding tomorrow’s employees. I know that we all want to prepare our students as best as we can for the world of work.
Nicole L. Malinoski, Ed. D.
Nicole Malinoski, Ed.D.